Palm Beach Gardens Alimony Attorney
Representing Clients Throughout the Palm Beach Area
In Florida, alimony cases are handled according to state law. This means that the state's guidelines will be followed and that a judge will decide the case based on those guidelines. This can cause some anxiety for those who are going through an alimony case. A skilled alimony attorney can help ease that anxiety by providing knowledgeable guidance throughout the process.
At the law firm of John F. Schutz, P.L., we understand that alimony is a sensitive topic and can be stressful to deal with. We are committed to providing compassionate and professional guidance throughout the process. We will take the time to listen to your concerns and help you understand your options.
Call our Palm Beach Gardens alimony attorney at (561) 677-2462 or contact us online to discuss your case.
Understanding Alimony in Florida
Alimony is determined by the length of the marriage and the financial situation of both spouses. Florida law allows alimony to be permanent, rehabilitative, or durative (temporary).
Types of Alimony
- Rehabilitative alimony – This form of alimony is used to help the supported spouse become self-supporting. In order to receive this form of alimony, the supported spouse must prove that they are capable of becoming self-supporting and that it will take them a certain period of time to do so. This form of alimony is temporary and ends when the supported spouse becomes self-supporting.
- Durative alimony – This form of alimony is used to provide the supported spouse with financial assistance for a set period of time. This form of alimony can be temporary (ending when the set period ends) or permanent (lasting until the supported spouse's death).
- Permanent alimony – This is the most common form of alimony. This form of alimony is used to provide the supported spouse with financial assistance for the remainder of their life. Permanent alimony is only awarded in cases where it is necessary for the supported spouse to maintain the marital standard of living.
An experienced alimony attorney can help you understand these types of alimony and help you determine which type you may be eligible for.
Advocating for Your Rights
While there are certain guidelines that must be followed when it comes to alimony, the final decision still lies in the hands of a judge. When it comes to alimony, there are many factors that a judge will take into consideration. An experienced alimony attorney will understand the guidelines and will also understand how a judge may rule based on certain circumstances. We will work tirelessly to advocate for your rights and help you obtain an alimony arrangement that is fair and that you can afford.
Contact Our Firm Today
We are ready to take on your case! Call our Palm Beach Gardens alimony attorney at (561) 677-2462 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.
We proudly serve the Palm Beach area and offer flexible appointment times to accommodate your schedule. Schedule your initial consultation today by calling (561) 677-2462 or contacting us online.
- Looking for legal advice?
- In need of a legal consultation?
- Looking for answers?
John F. Schutz, P.L. is here to help you and provide legal guidance as needed.
"Genius divorce lawyer"
John Schutz is a brilliant lawyer. Not only did Mr. Schutz do an excellent job cleaning up the mess from the previous lawyer, he in my estimation was key in me ultimately obtaining a very good outcome. I had a very contentious divorce and the opposing lawyer was very unprofessional and somewhat abusive. Mr. Schutz through his professionalism and excellent people skills was able to reign in the opposing attorney's unprofessional conduct. Mr. Schutz ran circles around the opposing attorney as he was always prepared and was quick on his feet. He is well worth the money in my opinion. Due to his skill and the ability to outclass the opposing attorney, a trial was avoided which ultimately would have been far more costly. Highly recommend.- Elizabeth